lundi 18 octobre 2010

Case #1783 A clean situation


Case #1783

Unit: Alfa Vergina

If you work in this field, this story will not surprise you.
The service call came in from the distributor. It was a fairly new machine but it was not working well, not washing properly. The machine is an Alfa Vergina, manufactured in Greece. It is well built and well put together. The place is a nursing home, new construction. The building was not six months old at the time. Everything in it was new. 
When I spoke with the people in charge and the people using the equipment, I couldn’t get a straight answer about some very simple operations.
I was trying to find out what they meant by not washing properly. They showed me some dishes. Okay, the dishes were not exactly clean but something was bothering me. Next I was trying to find out how often the dishwasher is cleaned. I got some blank stare. This kind of unit needs to be drain at least once a day. I turned to the dishwasher and started inspecting it. The unit was in use and was full of water. I saw something in the water, and the pump screen was not set properly so I decided to take out my light and look inside.

Anyone can tell me what’s wrong with this picture? I am not talking only about the clogged jets.
I pointed out to the people there that this amount of cutlery in the wash water is not acceptable even by a long shot. Of course I was speaking to the wrong person because those two were not in charge of cleaning it. Sigh!
I proceeded to clean the dishwasher in order to make sure this was the only problem. I filled the sink with what was inside. And yes, it was the only problem. 
To top it off they refused to pay for this service call on the premise that it was covered by warranty. Funny isn’t it. I took some pleasure in explaining that warranties from any manufacturers would never cover this. 

In the end I was paid.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire